- Finish first revision (In progress)
- Alpha review first revision (on deck)
- Incorporate alpha review revisions, resulting in second revision
- Alpha review second revision
- Incorporate alpha review second review revisions
- Beta review
- Incorporate beta review revisions
- Finalize beta reviewed revision
- Seek out literary agent
- Acquire services of literary agent
- Submit to publishers
- Contract with publisher
- Get published!
There are probably a hundred other tasks/milestones in there somewhere, but right now, I'm heads down on steps one and two, which have some overlap and I hope that steps three through five will be quick, too. quick, of course, being a relative term.
Thoughts on the list? Too much? Not enough? Tips for making it go faster?